Over the last few months I have found that once you start using American Express credit cards it becomes pretty hard to stop. Last month I explained how you could book Cathay Pacific’s A350 Business Class for £30.10 with an American Express card that cost £195 – today I am going to explain how you can do it with a card which is free.
While explaining the benefits of my new American Express Preferred Gold Credit Card to a friend a few days ago it actually dawned on me that there is quite simply no good reason to say no to this card.
I’m going to make this article very brief and start explaining why you cannot say no to having this card in your wallet.
1. As I mentioned above – THIS CARD IS FREE – now although this is only true for the first year of membership, American Express allows you to cancel your card at any time which means if you are clever, you won’t pay a single penny. Every year after this will cost you £140.
2. The second reason you have to get this card is flexibility, the miles you earn on this card are available to transfer to a whopping 17 airline partners and three hotel partners. This means that you can keep your points in your AMEX account and when you have decided who you want to fly with, you can transfer your miles to the necessary partner airline.
3. The third reason is the solid sign-up bonus. You will receive 20,000 miles FOR FREE if you spend £2,000 in the first 3 months of having the card.
4. Having this card will allow you FREE LOUNGE ACCESS at any Lounge Club partner lounges around the world 2 times a year and after you have used these two passes you’ll be able to enter these lounges for only £15.
5. If you’re staying in one of AMEX’s 500 hotel partner chains then you will receive $75 room credit to spend on food, drink and more as well as FREE UPGRADES where available at check in.
6. Finally having this card will enable you to earn 1 American Express Membership point for every £1 you spend as well as 2 points for every £1 spent with airlines or in foreign currencies. Furthermore, you can earn yourself 3 points for every £1 spent on AMEX’s official travel agency site.
7. If you’re a big spender who will spend £15,000 in a year then it is worth holding on to your card as you’ll receive an extra 10,000 points as a bonus.
On top of all of these benefits you are also subject to lots of travel protection, be eligible for American Express Invites events and more.
So, after I’ve listed all of those perks of having the American Express Gold Card – what reason could you possibly have to say no? Feel free to drop me a message and explain your reasoning to me as I am yet to hear a good answer!
If you’re still hesitant then let me give you one more perk: If you sign up using the link below then you will receive a bonus 2,000 membership points on sign up meaning your bonus is 22,000 instead of the ordinary 20,000!
Happy Spending and Happy Flying!
featured image found on Luxury Travel Diary – source unknown.